How did DEX technology become essential? In today’s episode, Tom is joined by Steve Walsh (Senior Consultant, Ayla Consulting) for an illuminating conversation that looks into both the past and future of DEX-driven IT. They discuss:
- First experiences with DEX technology
- How DEX has become an essential security and compliance facilitator.
- Predictions for the future of green IT and the IT/HR partnership.
Find out more about Honeywell’s DEX success here. Check out Steve’s website here.
For more amazing DEX content, including podcasts, articles and exclusive research, head over to the DEX Hub (dex.nexthink.com) .
To hear more interviews like this one, subscribe to the Digital Employee Experience Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform. Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Digital Employee Experience in your favorite podcast player.
- The Ultimate List of Digital Employee Experience Job Titles
- The DEX Show | Podcast #13 – Technologist Table Stakes w/ Mary K. Pratt and Sean Malvey
- The DEX Show | Podcast #1 – Holistic Technology Experience Management w/ Andrew Hewitt
- The DEX Show | Podcast #3 – CIO in the Age of Experience w/ Martha Heller
Tim Flower is the VP of DEX Strategy at Nexthink and the co-host of the DEX Show Podcast, a show dedicated to technology and change-management professionals interested in improving the way we work. He has worked in enterprise IT for over 30 years, and since joining Nexthink in 2015, he has helped businesses large and small around the world to understand the power of information when viewed through the end-user. Tim is also the author of the new book, DEX for Dummies, a practical guide for organizing and executing an effective DEX strategy in any organization. Learn More