What makes an online community thrive?
Sure there are the Reddit’s of the world, which boast millions of users and discourse that ranges from constructive to ghastly and everywhere in between.
But in today’s time of information overload and endless online noise, can IT leaders still build small, supportive communities centered on emerging technologies?
On this week’s episode, our hosts are joined by Rod Trent, Senior Cloud Security Advocate at Microsoft. With three decades of IT experience, Rod has spent the last several years building a fantastic community around Microsoft’s Azure Sentinel product. Listen to the full conversation to learn all about:
- The evolution of interaction in the IT space, from SMS to expansive online communities.
- Why today’s tech users are hungry for new, gated spaces for engaging discussion.
- Rod’s key advice for leaders looking to cultivate successful communities.
For more amazing DEX content, including podcasts, articles and exclusive research, head over to the DEX Hub (dex.nexthink.com). Register for Experience Everywhere here: nexthink.com/experience-2021/
To hear more interviews like this one, subscribe to the Digital Employee Experience Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Digital Employee Experience in your favorite podcast player.
- The DEX Show | Podcast #13 – Technologist Table Stakes w/ Mary K. Pratt and Sean Malvey
- The DEX Show | Podcast #6 – An Imperative Year for IT Backed by Data w/ Dion Hinchcliffe
- The DEX Show | Podcast #15 – Tech & the Real Meaning of Productivity w/ Neil Miller
- The DEX Show | Podcast #1 – Holistic Technology Experience Management w/ Andrew Hewitt
Thomas McGrath is a writer, filmmaker, and podcaster. He has been published everywhere from VICE to Computer Weekly, and is the producer and co-host of the Digital Employee Experience Show. Learn More