“DEX is not a hobby. It’s a discipline. And in order to make it a discipline, you need a program around it. It’s something like a center of excellence.” — Tim Flower>
Traveling back to the age of the dinosaur, we find the advent of the Digital Employee Experience founded in Windows 95.
Jumping forward about 20 years, and we have a whole new world of technology driven customer experiences that have changed the landscape of DEX.
In this special episode of The DEX Show, we turn the tables on Tim Flower, Global Director of Business Transformation at Nexthink, to talk about his career journey and how it led him to writing Digital Employee Experience for Dummies.
- The history of DEX and how it came to be what it is today
- Tim’s personal experiences working in DEX
- The challenges of writing a DEX for Dummies book
For more amazing DEX content, including podcasts, articles and exclusive research, head over to the DEX Hub (dex.nexthink.com)
To hear more interviews like this one, subscribe to the Digital Employee Experience Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Digital Employee Experience in your favorite podcast player.
- The DEX Show | Podcast #5 – Aristotle in the Digital Workplace w/ Dr. Brennan Jacoby
- The DEX Show | Podcast #1 – Holistic Technology Experience Management w/ Andrew Hewitt
- The DEX Show | Podcast #13 – Technologist Table Stakes w/ Mary K. Pratt and Sean Malvey
- The DEX Show | Podcast #14 – The 5 Worst Things About Working in IT
Tim Flower is the VP of DEX Strategy at Nexthink and the co-host of the DEX Show Podcast, a show dedicated to technology and change-management professionals interested in improving the way we work. He has worked in enterprise IT for over 30 years, and since joining Nexthink in 2015, he has helped businesses large and small around the world to understand the power of information when viewed through the end-user. Tim is also the author of the new book, DEX for Dummies, a practical guide for organizing and executing an effective DEX strategy in any organization. Learn More