In the last few years, we’ve seen an awakening across the IT space of leaders working on one skill: empathy.
The past outlook of IT, is that it’s a business sector focused on solving problems from employee submitted tickets. A face behind a computer. No need for anything beyond this.
Our guest, Mary Patry, CEO, Executive Coach & IT Advisor at ITeffectivity, LLC, shares that the modern approach, led by CIO leaders, is to focus on employee engagement, experience and emotional health.
- Moving from the triage approach of IT needs to prescriptive and preventative
- Why it’s important for CIOs to learn to lead with empathy
- The importance of company values, culture and connections
For more amazing DEX content, including podcasts, articles and exclusive research, head over to the DEX Hub (dex.nexthink.com)
To hear more interviews like this one, subscribe to the Digital Employee Experience Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Digital Employee Experience in your favorite podcast player.
- The DEX Show | Podcast #3 – CIO in the Age of Experience w/ Martha Heller
- The DEX Show | Podcast #13 – Technologist Table Stakes w/ Mary K. Pratt and Sean Malvey
- The DEX Show | Podcast #15 – Tech & the Real Meaning of Productivity w/ Neil Miller
- The DEX Show | Podcast #4 – IT Insights as a Cornerstone of Company Culture w/ Gil Cohen
Thomas McGrath is a writer, filmmaker, and podcaster. He has been published everywhere from VICE to Computer Weekly, and is the producer and co-host of the Digital Employee Experience Show. Learn More