“We need to take a step back and think about all of the different personas that IT traditionally has looked after.” — Spencer Pitts
With the proliferation of hybrid work, the focus of IT needs to change.
As opposed to the traditional approach of looking inwards toward tech, IT now needs to look outwards towards people.
In fact, it’s the only path forward if IT is to remain relevant.
In this episode, we’re talking with Spencer Pitts, Digital Workspace Chief Technologist at VMware, and Andy Philp, Principal Product Marketing Manager at Nexthink, about how advances in desktop virtualization have enabled this brave new hybrid world we live in today.
- The challenges of the hybrid workplace
- How hybrid is evolving
- The implications of DEX on VDI
- What the workplace will look like in five years
For more amazing DEX content, including podcasts, articles and exclusive research, head over to the DEX Hub (dex.nexthink.com)
To hear more interviews like this one, subscribe to the Digital Employee Experience Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Digital Employee Experience in your favorite podcast player.
- The Ultimate List of Digital Employee Experience Job Titles
- “What’s in it for us?”: Putting Users in the Driver’s Seat of VDI w/ VMware
- The DEX Show | Podcast #13 – Technologist Table Stakes w/ Mary K. Pratt and Sean Malvey
- The DEX Show | Podcast #14 – The 5 Worst Things About Working in IT
Thomas McGrath is a writer, filmmaker, and podcaster. He has been published everywhere from VICE to Computer Weekly, and is the producer and co-host of the Digital Employee Experience Show. Learn More