“Virtual reality is a perfect example of where gaming and the enterprise are converging, showing the same use cases, being able to be virtualized in the same way through specific technologies.” — Johan van Amersfoort
Years ago, you would need to insert a CD or floppy disk into your gaming system to install and play a video game. Nowadays, you can download a game through a gaming engine and run it remotely.
Business technology has been going through a similar transformation—and the worlds of gaming and the enterprise are starting to converge in fascinating ways.
Johan van Amersfoort, Author and Technologist at ITQ, joins the show to discuss what current gaming trends mean for the future digital workplace.
- A story about how gaming led to the mass adoption of VDI solutions
- Trends in gaming that could spawn future applications in the workplace
- Implications for the future of the digital employee experience
- Where to start with enterprise gaming
Mentioned during the podcast:
For more amazing DEX content, including podcasts, articles and exclusive research, head over to the DEX Hub (dex.nexthink.com)
To hear more interviews like this one, subscribe to the Digital Employee Experience Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Digital Employee Experience in your favorite podcast player.
- The Ultimate List of Digital Employee Experience Job Titles
- The Virtual Experience: 3 Future-Facing VDI Use Cases
- The DEX Show | Podcast #13 – Technologist Table Stakes w/ Mary K. Pratt and Sean Malvey
- The DEX Show | Podcast #15 – Tech & the Real Meaning of Productivity w/ Neil Miller
Thomas McGrath is a writer, filmmaker, and podcaster. He has been published everywhere from VICE to Computer Weekly, and is the producer and co-host of the Digital Employee Experience Show. Learn More