“Downtime in the human operating system is a feature, not a bug.” — Arianna Huffington
Burnout and stress have been hallmarks of the work experience tracing all the way back to the industrial revolution.
However, people are much more aware of it today, and as a society, we are taking concrete steps to confront the collective delusion that success comes at the expense of wellbeing.
The process starts with setting clear boundaries around work and technology.
Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO at Thrive Global, joins the show to share her burnout story and offer advice on what companies and individuals can do to battle burnout.
Join us as we discuss:
- The paradoxical symmetry between the rise of automation and stress
- The importance of setting boundaries
- How companies can address burnout in a hybrid world
- Why IT needs to focus on people as much as the technology
For more amazing DEX content, including podcasts, articles and exclusive research, head over to the DEX Hub (dex.nexthink.com)
To hear more interviews like this one, subscribe to the Digital Employee Experience Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Digital Employee Experience in your favorite podcast player.
- The DEX Show | Podcast #15 – Tech & the Real Meaning of Productivity w/ Neil Miller
- The DEX Show | Podcast #13 – Technologist Table Stakes w/ Mary K. Pratt and Sean Malvey
- The DEX Show | Podcast #1 – Holistic Technology Experience Management w/ Andrew Hewitt
- The DEX Show | Podcast #7 – A Human Approach to the Future of Work w/ Paul Hardy
Thomas McGrath is a writer, filmmaker, and podcaster. He has been published everywhere from VICE to Computer Weekly, and is the producer and co-host of the Digital Employee Experience Show. Learn More